Saturday, October 16, 2010

Any Day Now...

I'm so restless!  I can't seem to focus on any one thing.  I did manage to get the laundry cleaned out and the garden is shaping up nicely but the office is still a disaster zone!  I am nearing the end of cleaning out and making everything ready for the new little one that will soon be ours.

Friday I recieved a call from our agency.  When I heard the familiar voice on the other end of the line my heart stopped.  Was this the call I've been waiting for?  Would she be telling me it's time to get my ticket and pack my bags?  NOPE!  One more piece of paper was needed.  A new requirement.  At least it was an easy paper to get together!  She assured me that I would be notified of Travel Approval "very soon".

Until that magic moment I thought I would share why I'm able to wait.  This child is so very precious to me.  I could not love her more had I carried her in my body for nine months.  I love her.  She is my daughter, and soon we will finally be together.



Baby mine don't you cry.

Baby mine dry your eyes.

Rest your head close to my heart, never to part, baby of mine.

Little one when you play, pay no heed what they say.

Let your eyes sparkle and shine never with tear baby of mine.

If they knew all about you,

They’d end up loving you too.

All those same people who scold you,

what they’d give just for the right to hold you.

From your head down to your toes, you’re not much goodness knows but you’re so precious to me sweet as can be

Baby of mine.

No comments: