Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Peace, be still.

Well, here we are.  One more evening at home as the three of us.  Darlin' will be driving Elaina and I to the airport bright and early tomorrow morning.  I pray God make our travels smooth and be with Victoria Wen Yuan quieting her fears while she begins her big adventure into her family.

Have I overpacked?
Yes.
Have I forgotten anything?
Probably.
Am I anxious or frightened.
Well, yes.

I've been trying to recall scripture as I worked on preparations today (read: meltdown!) and the only bit that came to mind was 'do not be afraid'.  There are so many places in scripture where good and faithful servants were anxious and fearful so I guess I'm in good company.

What did come to mind was a favorite old hymn, "Master of the Waves".

The winds and the waves 
shall obey my will, peace be still.
Whether the wrath of the storm-tossed sea
or demons, or men, or whatever it be.
No water can swallow the ship where lies
the Master of ocean and earth and skies;
they shall sweetly obey my will,
peace be still, peace be still.
They all shall sweetly obey my will;
peace, peace be still.

He is in charge and I have nothing to fear as I follow my Jesus to China and back hanging onto His belt loop all the way!

So as I get on the plane to take me to my new little one I pray that my big guys and their wives and all my sweet grandchildren will know that I love each of them with every cell of my being and they will each one be with me in my heart.

And as for my Darlin',  we are never truly apart.  I carry you in my pocket every step of the way.

Love to all,

mama'll be home soon!

No comments: