Friday, August 20, 2010

Greyhound?

Well I can hardly believe the prolific baby making abilities in my children! Our eldest and his wife are expecting their 3rd child! That will make SEVEN grandkids (Monkey # 6 just arrived 3 weeks ago). We had decided to adopt 9 years ago when the announcements of coming grandkids began. We decided that now we were grandma and grandpa, (actually we are Mimi and Papaw :) ) that we were truly much too old to adopt another child. It wouldn't be fair to her to have "older" parents, what about retirement, what about our old and decrepit bodies, blah blah blah.
Well of course we decided to plunge ahead. After grandchild, Monkey #4, arrived I felt younger and healthier and more able to be an active part of their lives than ever so what difference does the number on my drivers license make? None! I know that we will work to be the very best parents and grandparents to all of the children, young and old, that God has chosen to bless and entrust to our family.
So just when I thought I should really keep the mini van, it seems we need a mini "bus"! Hmmm... I wonder if Greyhound is having a garage sale anytime soon?
This is Monkey #6! Isn't he just the prettiest thing you ever saw!

No comments: